WARNING: Photovoltaic panels generate DC electricity when exposed to sunlight or other light sources. When exposed to light, contact with the electricity active parts of the panel, such as terminals, can result in burns, sparks and lethal shock whether the panel is connected or disconnected.
A solar system assembled from photo-voltaic panels can produce high currents which constitute an increased hazard. Do not touch the terminals while the panel is exposed to light. Cover the panel faces completely with an opaque material
to stop the production of electricity when working with panels or wiring – the cardboard shipping boxes are the perfect option to cover glass surface of the panels.
- Locate the solar panels on the RV roof replacing each the boxes used in the planning step.
- Locate the Cable Entry Plate / Fridge Vent Access Point on the RV roof.
- Attached the MC4 Positive and Negative Extension Cables to the solar panel (s).
- Test that the end solar panel cables can reach the CEP / Fridge Vent Access Point.
- Use the screws provided in the kit to secure the 4 solar panel mounting feet to the RV.
- Apply sealant under and around each of the 4 mounting feet to ensure a watertight installation.
WARNING: All 4 mounting feet must be securely fastened to the RV roof. Failure to do so could cause the panels to lift and separate from the RV while in transit which could cause significant damage and/or injury.
Use appropriate sealant as recommended by your RV Dealer for your RV roof.