How to overtemp and overload GP Inverter 225-1000HD
The fault LED will come on when the Inverter has shut itself down because the Inverter has become overheated. The Inverter may overheat because it has been operated at power levels above its rating, or because it has been installed in a location that does not allow it to dissipate heat properly. The power inverter will restart automatically once it has cooled off.
The fault LED will come on when the Inverter has shut itself down because its output circuit has been short-circuited or drastically overloaded. Switch the ON/OFF switch to OFF, correct the fault condition, and then switch the ON/OFF switch back to ON.
Some induction motors used in refrigerators, freezers, pumps and other motor operated equipment requires very high surge currents to start. The Inverter may not be able to start some of these motors, even though their rated current draw is within the Inverter.
If the motor refuses to start, observe the battery voltage indicator while trying to start the motor. If the battery voltage indicator drops below 11 volts while the inverter is attempting to start the motor, this may be why the motor will not start. Make sure that the battery connections are good and that the battery is fully charged. If the connections are good and the battery is charged, but the voltage still drops below 11 volts, you may need to use a larger battery.