It is recommended to connect directly to the battery whenever possible. You can also connect to the converter/charger where the battery positive and negative wires connect to the converter/charger.
- Clean all corrosion from the battery terminals before proceeding
- Crimp ring terminals onto the positive and negative cables to be attached to the battery
- Check the ring terminal crimp connection by gently pulling on the cable and ring terminal
- Attach the Negative (Black) ring terminal to the battery bank and tighten according to the battery manufacturers specification
- Attach the Positive (Red) ring terminal to the battery bank and tighten according to the battery manufacturers specification
- Check all electrical connections
- Apply a protective coating to the battery terminals