1. Use the included tie-wraps to secure the cables together approximately every 5’. (See Fig 4-B to 4-E below)
- This helps reduce the amount of electrical noise radiated by the kit.
- Ensure these paired cables run through the same hole(s) as they are routed through the interior of the RV.
2. Mark the location of the CEP cable hole to be drilled for feeding the cables through the snap bushing and the RV roof – details on install below.
3. When the CEP is installed the hole for the cables should be along its center line and approximately 1.25” from the back edge. (See Figure 9-A drill template).
4. Mark the location of the CEP cable hole to be drilled for feeding the cables through the snap bushing and the RV roof – details on install below. (See Figure 4-C).
5. Drill a small pilot hole in the chosen spot. Using the hole saw enlarge the hole to be 3/4” in diameter.
6. Remove any sharp edges from the hole and install the snap bushing.
7. Thoroughly clean the RV roof around the hole in the area the CEP will be mounted. A clean surface is critical to ensuring a watertight seal.
8. Feed wires down through the snap bushing in the hole until they reach the charge controller mounting location.
9. Apply a generous bead of sealant to the underside of the CEP following the channel provided and around all mounting holes.
NOTE: The sealant should expand significantly beyond the bottom of the CEP.
10. Lower the CEP down until just the tip of the caulking gun fits under the CEP. Apply a generous bead into and around the cable hole including the cable as well. (See Figure 4-D).
11. Finish lowering the CEP on the RV roof.
12. Dispense a generous dab of sealant into each mounting hole.
13. Using the 6 of #10 x 1” screws provided, secure the CEP to the RV roof – through the sealant and into the roof. (See Figure 4-E).
NOTE: Do not over-tighten screws.
14. Apply a dab of sealant on top of and around the head of each screw.
15. Apply another generous bead of sealant around the perimeter of the CEP.
16. Secure the exposed solar panel cables using the cable clamps provided.
17. For the SOLAR-AE6 kit, repeat steps 1-15 for the second CEP.