You will need the GP-MPPT-40 User Manual included in the kit to complete installation.
1. The GP-MPPT-40 charge controller should be mounted within 10’ of the battery for optimal operation. The GP-MPPT-40 is designed to be mounted vertically on the side of a wall in a weather tight enclosure.
The GP-MPPT-40 must be mounted indoors in a dry location - such as inside the battery compartment.
2. Follow the GP-MPPT-40 installation section in the User Manual.
3. Cut any excess length from the positive (red) and negative (black) 10 AWG solar cables, if required.
4. Strip 1/2” of insulation from the positive end the solar cable coming from the disconnect.
5. Insert the stripped end of the positive cable coming from the solar disconnect into the solar positive (PV+) terminal of the primary GP-MPPT-40.
6. Repeat steps 5-6 for the negative (black) solar cable coming from the solar disconnect, but inserting the stripped end into the solar negative (PV-) terminal of the primary GP-MPPT-40.
7. For the SOLAR-AE4 kit, skip steps 8-15.
8. For the SOLAR-AE6 kit, repeat steps 3-6 for the second set of cables coming from the second CEP to the second GP-MPPT-40.
9. For the SOLAR-AE6 kit, cut 1 ft. from the 4 AWG, 7 ft. positive (red) battery cable.
10. Strip 1/2” of insulation from the end of the 6 ft. positive battery cable and both ends of the 1 ft. positive battery cable, previously cut.
11. Insert the stripped end of the 6 ft. positive battery cable into the battery positive terminal of the primary GP-MPPT-40.
12. Insert the stripped ends of the 1 ft. positive battery cable into the parallel battery positive terminals of the primary and secondary GP-MPPT-40.
13. Cut 1 ft. from the 4 AWG, 9 ft. negative (black) battery cable.
14. Repeat steps 9-11 for the negative (black) 8 ft. and 1 ft. battery cables, but inserting the stripped ends into the battery negative and parallel battery negative terminals of the primary and secondary GP-MPPT-40.
15. Secure the Ethernet cable to port A of one controller and to port B of the other controller.
- Using location planned for the GP-MPPT-R controller remote, follow the GP-MPPT-R User Manual regarding installation.
- Connect the remote to the GP-MPPT-40 and the GP-MPPT-R remote via the supplied cable.