1. Take a few minutes before commencing any installation work to layout your solar system on paper first. Use the diagrams within this manual to help.
2. Complete a simple block diagram identifying the key components and connections of your Solar charging system: Solar Panels, MC4 Positive and Negative Extension Cables, Solar Charge Controller and your Battery Bank as detailed in the diagrams.
3. Identify and prepare easy/safe access to possible installation locations in the 3 key installation areas within your RV;
- Roof - Solar Panels
- Instrument/Controls - Solar Charge Controller and/or Inverter Remote
- Storage Compartments - Inverter, Converter/Charger, Transfer Switch
4. Identify on your RV if you have a Cable Entry Plate (GP-CEP) see Fig 3-A pre-installed by the RV Manufacturer. The Cable Entry Plate makes the Solar Panel to Solar Charge Controller installation simpler. (After market purchase of GP-CEP available)
5. If you do not have the Cable Entry Plate pre-installed on your RV. You will be following the ‘Routing Power Cable through the Refrigerator Vent’ steps.
6. Whilst on the roof of your RV identify the refrigerator vent and investigate the vent-fastening hardware.